Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hitting the slopes

Later in January, Matt and I got away again.  This time, instead of sunny Arizona, we headed to Breckenridge, Colorado for a few days of skiing with our good friends Tim and Shelly and their little guy Brayden.  We missed our boys and soon realized that we just might have to take at least Ben next year to get him learning to ski early!
I quickly realized that my life as a stay-at-home mom has not kept me in as good of shape as I probably should have been to go skiing for the first time in 8 years!!!  That did not stop me from skiing most of Friday and doing a pretty good job of keeping up with everyone.  Shelly and I called it quits early enough in the afternoon that the guys were able to get in a few good runs on some blacks. . .something I did not even want to think about trying!
Saturday was a little bit tougher as I ended up fevering all Friday night and woke up feeling quite weak that morning.  I gave it a good go for about two hours and then called it quits for the weeekend . . . not quite the plan but I wasn't haven't the best luck staying upright on the slopes that morning!


Luckily we had some beautiful views from our condo at The Village so it made laying on the couch to recover and reading not so bad!  I also toughed it out enough to walk around downtown Breckenridge by myself for a few hours to do some shopping :)
All three nights we ventured out for a nice supper and I although I missed the boys by the last night, Matt and I thoroughly enjoyed our couple time, only having to share bites of our food with one another!  I'm already looking forward to next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment