Friday, January 25, 2013

Where does the time go ?

We've had something going most days since Christmas so blogging was the thing that had to go by the wayside for awhile...hoping to catch up now!

My baby boy turned 2 over two weeks ago already!!!  And while the terrible twos are actually in full swing this time around (Ben was easier when he turned two), Cooper is so fun to be around most days! 




We started the big day with a traditional birthday boy breakfast...cinnamon rolls!  It was a busy day overall as we had an extra 2 year old boy I watch on Thursdays, Ben had preschool and I had MOPS.  But being the crazy mom I am, when a friend invited us out to Culvers for lunch...I said yes!  It was four moms and six kids. . . and half of them came with me! 
"I'm TWO"
We then continued another tradition of a having an outdoor "birthday shoot". Last year it was gorgeous outside, this year,there was snow on the ground and it was a bit cooler.  But we only stayed out a few minutes and got a few cute shots!
1st Birthday Shoot - 2012
Luckily everyone took naps that afternoon!  I had also decided that since Matt was gone on a road trip that week that it was up to me to do something special that night since we weren't having the party until the weekend, so. . . I took my boys swimming at our All Seasons Center. (no pictures of this. . . was busy enough making sure two little boys stayed afloat!)

From swimming suits we put on PJs and then came home and enjoyed some yummy cookies for our birthday dessert!

That Saturday we had a small Curious George birthday party with our best friends and just had an enjoyable evening celebrating our two year old! Yes. . . that cake is supposed to be a monkey face, it just didn't turn out quite like the picture I found online.  The cake actually looked more like Cooper than Curious George - oh well!
All in all it was a memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment