Friday, June 1, 2012

We did it!

We (the boys and I) just got back from only our second completely solo trip to Kansas City and back.  And last August doesn't really count because Cooper was sleeping a lot back then and slept probably 3/4 of the way that time!
This time was not so easy.  The trip down was pretty uneventful and I was able to make it by only stopping once for gas and some quick snacks only an hour from my dad's.  What about the trip back you ask?!  Well...let's just say it was not quite as easy but we still only stopped once...more to get home quickly than anything!  But all in all, I'm so glad we went and now that I know we can do it and survive with (most) our sanity, we'll probably do it again later this summer!
We had such a great time visiting with my dad and brother and their wondeful wives!  We also got to spend the night at my brother and Charlotte's new house - so cute!  I was also fortunate enough to visit with two old friends; one I've known since high school and the other since my first year of middle school.  We've been in each other's weddings and are now getting together with our KIDS!!! Of course, we could not get a good picture of the three boys together so we took a girl's picture instead.
The last two days of our trip, we got to spend with my brother and his wife who live in Lee's Summit, Missouri.  We explored the downtown area one morning, took AWESOME naps in the afternoon (after a late night) then made supper for my dad and Lori to celebrate their anniversary.  Unfortunately, our Black Forest Torte did not look as good as the one online :) We still ate it with no problem!





Even looking at these memories now it almost made the not-so-fun car ride home worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment