Sunday, June 24, 2012

Favorite new "recipe"

There are few times when I follow any actual recipes from some of the blogs that I read but one that I read the other day is a definite keeper for me!  I like eggs...but my husband hates them and Ben is allergic.  Needless to say, I don't make myself scrambled eggs very often.  Thankfully my when father-in-law comes to visit he is happy to eat some with me and I don't mind making a mess to make them. 

But now...my breakfast world is changed forever!!!  I went to high school with this girl who now keeps a blog (hilarious by the way and always Christian-based!) and she posted the other day about she does a scrambled-type egg in just one minute!!!  Tried it this morning and LOVED it...and I only had to dirty one coffee mug and a fork to make it.  I even almost ran out of time to eat it at home so I could have taken it in the car on the way to church.

Anyway, I now have a new way to make a healthier breakfast and if Cooper turns out to keep liking it, he and I can share!  You can check out her post (and see pics) about it HERE or read the simple steps below:

1. Get a coffee mug and 1-2 eggs
2. Break the egg(s) into the mug and scramble around with a fork
3. Add any ingredients you might want...diced ham, cheese, peppers, salsa, etc... and mix
4. Microwave for 1 minute (2 minutes for two eggs)...yep, that's it!

Told you it was easy!!! I did mine with just 1 egg and some shredded cheese because I wanted to make sure I did it right before using any more expensive ingredients.  Tomorrow's egg will have some ham in it...yummy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment