Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

What a wonderful weekend we had!  It started Saturday morning with a small-town Easter celebration where we heard the story of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins (something we are working on getting Ben to better understand this year) and continued onto the park for a egg hunt.  Cooper was quick to pick up on what he was supposed to do and it was so fun to watch!  Sunday we attended one of the best Easter services I can remember in a long time at our amazing church and then spent most of the rest of the day outside enjoying the glorious weather!
But the impact of the weekend did not escape me as I looked at my two beautiful boys playing, laughing and just enjoying life.  Could I do what God did?!  Sacrifice either of my children so that everyone else in the world who believe in Him might be saved?  What kind of unconditional love must that take. . . what grace has been given to us. . . how undeserving are we?!  But that's the point.  We are undeserving of this grace yet it has still be given to us.  Praise God for loving us so much that he would do this for us . . . He is truly our Heavenly Father who loves us to no end - Praise God!!!
 




I thank God every day for these two little blessings!  Happy Easter season!

No comments:

Post a Comment