Friday, April 13, 2012

He sleeps! (and sleeps and sleeps and sleeps...)

I AM SPOILED!!!  Both of my boys were pretty fussy babies (Ben pretty much had me in tears the first 8 months of his life) but we at least have one thing going for us. . . they LOVE their sleep!  Being a stay-at-home mom, we have the luxury of sleeping until we want in the mornings.  I can't remember the last time I used an alarm clock and I like it that way!  In fact, it's now 9am and Ben is still in his PJs.  What about Cooper you ask. . . well, he's still sleeping; as usual!  The kid LOVES HIS SLEEP! ! !   In fact when he first woke up this morning at 7:30am (gasp!) I definitely rolled my eyes, rolled out of bed and trudged upstairs because he is never up that early.  All he needed was a little snuggle from mommy, a blanket over him and his paci which had fallen on the floor.  He gave me a nice hug and then lunged back towards the bed.  When I asked if he wanted to go back to sleep, he gave me a definite "yeah" (one of the few words he does know for sure!)  Haven't heard a peep from him since!  It's not unusual for him to sleep 12-13 hours a night and then take a marathon nap in the afternoon. 
I could not find a recent picture of my sleeping angel because, let's face it, I'm not going to take a picture of my one-year old sleeping and potentially wake him up.  He is not a happy camper if he gets woken up :) So instead, here's a picture from almost exactly a year ago when we at an Easter Egg hunt. Yep, slept through the whole thing!

Don't you just want to pinch those little cheeks?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment