Monday, March 12, 2012

Praising the Lord...out LOUD!

Last Thursday, we had another MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) meeting.  It started out like any other meeting: eating brunch, drinking coffee, talking with friends we had not seen in awhile and a beautiful devotion by my friend Amy.
Then we had a nice change of pace...the three and four-year old MOPPETS kids came and sang for us.  What a treat!  We are so blessed to have two ladies that come each time to work with the kids on some songs and she had decided that they were ready for a "concert!"  They sang at least seven songs and when they first started, I was very curious to see how Ben would handle being in front of a crowd.  He has never had the opportunity to sing in a "formal" setting where he had to both sing the words and do the actions (because kids are always cuter singing if they do actions!)
He. Was. Awesome!!!  It has been a long time since I have laughed so hard that I cried but he sure helped that to happen.  And it felt good!
Here he is "marching in the Lord's army"

And here he is playing his heart out for God's glory!

He was not shy at all...in fact just the opposite. I think he sang every single word, did every single action and played every note as directed by his teacher. I was so proud of him and cannot wait to see him do it again sometime.  He truly was singing the Lord's praises in the way we all should - without a care of what others think and as loud as we can!
Afterwards, I told him how proud I was and he said "I know, I could see your teeth."  I guess I show a lot of teeth when I'm smiling with pride at my little performer!

No comments:

Post a Comment