Thursday, March 15, 2012

Job Security

Life.Is.Messy.  I am realizing this more lately as I have two boys who enjoy playing with their toys . . . but do not enjoy putting them away.  Yes I realize they are kids, yes I realize that one day I will miss this and yes I realize that it bothers me way more than it bothers them.  But still . . . it's hard to see into the future when we won't have brightly colored toys littering the floor.  It's hard to think there will be a day when I don't step on a Lego and it pokes into my foot, causing me to hop up and down and yelp in pain!  Someone the other day said that things like messy family rooms and tiny handprints all over my freshly cleaned windows should remind me how great my job security is.  And they are right . . . my job is definitely secure for the next 18 or so years. One day I'll look back and wish for the everyday, mundane tasks that is my "job" right now!
A typical day at our house - by 10am

No comments:

Post a Comment