Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Love . These . Boys!

Our area Tulip Festival was last week and although we are not of Dutch descent in any way, it sure is fun to go and see everyone dressed in their Dutch outfits and hear the wooden shoes marching along the pavement in the parade.  We took the boys on Friday night and had a great time watching the bands, playing some games and eating some yummy fair-type food!  My favorite moment of the night was when Ben was walking along with us and eating a dripping ice cream cone.  He stopped, looked up at me (face covered in vanilla yumminess) and simply smiled.  This must be heaven for a little boy!  He was, in that moment, completely content with life and everything around him. 

Since then, I have been looking for moments like that for myself.  And once I stopped to think about it, I found those moments EVERYWHERE!  Here's a few:

Saturday - after working in the yard for several hours, I took a shower and then just laid down for a two-hour nap with Ben next to me in my bed.  I woke up feeling so refreshed and content!

Sunday - got up early to put in a brisquet for lunch, made cookies for Matt's road trip and made pancakes for my boys...all before they were awake.  Just having that quiet time to myself was amazing!

Monday - took the boys to Omaha (all by myself) and was able to meet my dad and step-mom on their way back from a trip for supper.  We sat outside in the beautiful weather that God provided that day and I just knew I could handle my boys through the night in a hotel and at the zoo the next day!  (more about that later!)

It's amazing that from a simple $2 ice cream cone, I have been able to take a step back and really enjoy all that God has provided in my life.  Sure there are the moments that I wonder if naptime will ever come but then I find myself looking forward to when the boys wake up so we can make some more memories together!

(Here is Coop enjoying the parade from his favorite spot - we cannot get that kid so stay put for very long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment