Friday, May 11, 2012

An ending...and beginning!

This past year, I have been the coordtinator for our local MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) group. Yesterday was our final meeting of the year and I can't say I'm too sad for it to be over for awhile!  While it has been a challenging, busy, stressful position, I am so glad that I was able to play such an important role in an organization that I feel so strongly about!  MOPS is one of the things that saved me when we first moved to our little town and I didn't really know many people.  I was almost 9 months pregnant with Ben and was feeling a bit lonely because I had just spent the entire summer unpacking, getting a baby's room ready and just preparing to be a mom in general.  Little did I know that there were so many ladies out there with young children who could offer all sorts of advice to this soon-to-be new mommy!  I was hooked from the first meeting and have since served as a Discussion Group Leader, Hospitality Coordinator and over Coordinator.  And while I thoroughly enjoyed the year...I am definitely looking to the beginning of a much less stressful phase of life with my two boys!  With summer fast approaching, I am anticipating playing outside, taking them to the pool and my favorite destressing (is that a word?) pasttime, mowing my yard! So even though my boys are too young to be in school, I feel as though even our school year is ending and summer is beginning . . . and we are soooo ready!!!
Sharing a snack after naptime - before playing outside!
Ready for more days like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment