Monday, July 16, 2012

Ways to feel old

I've been in my 30s for almost a year and half now, but there are certain things that definintely make me feel old!

Matt and I have been together for eleven years, married for seven and have two beautiful boys of our own.  We've finished college, started jobs, moved and purchased our first house. We've bought cars, sold cars, paid off loans and talked in depth about what form of the company's insurance is best for our family.  Most recently we've had the "where do we see ourselves in the next 5-10 years discussion" (knowing full well we will be in our 40s in ten years) and it has really made me step back and think about how much I miss the carefree days of college when our biggest concern was what to wear to the upcoming date party!

And while all of that makes me feel old, the latest has been the fact that my little brother (yes, the same one who used to sing "Down by the Bay" at the top of his lungs, the same one who was OBSESSED with the Ninja Turtles and the very one I remember praying for when I found out I would be a big sister) is celebrating a whole year of wedded bliss to the most awesome girl he could have found!!!

Happy 1st Anniversary to two of our favorite people in the world. . . even if you make me feel old!


No comments:

Post a Comment