Thursday, March 28, 2013

A new family tradition

Two weekends ago, we decided to make the trek to Kansas City to watch our Cats play in the Big 12 basketball tournament.  It was meant to be a fun-filled weekend; basketball, family time as we were staying with my brother and his wife, and alone time for Matt and me (along with thousands of other basketball fans at the Power and Light district).
As usual, our boys decided to throw a bit of a wrench in things!  We started by making it just in time to watch the Cats play in the first round.


 They won so we were pretty excited for the next round!  The plan was to hopefully leave the boys with my dad and stepmom or possibly with my brother and his wife.  No such luck!  Both boys ended up with quite the stomach bug the next day so while my husband had a nice "date" with everyone at the P&L, I was cleaning up...well, you can imagine.
Luckily it hit 80 degrees that day because this is how Cooper spent most of Friday evening - poor kid!  I was just trying to imagine what people were thinking if they happened to walk by my brother's house and Cooper was standing at the front door in his (almost) birthday suit!


Saturday was a much better day for everyone so we gave bowling a try.  It was surprisingly not busy so we had a great time letting the boys get out of the house for awhile!  Excuse the shot of Ben in front of the bar area, apparently it's the only picture I was able to get of him that day!
Overall it was a pretty good weekend - just not one I want to replicate anytime soon!  I am hoping to make the Big 12 tournament a new family tradition however because both boys had a great time watching for Willie and doing their KSU cheer for everyone around!


No comments:

Post a Comment